Do you have any questions about buccal fat removal? If you do, you’re not alone.
Buccal fat removal is a relatively new technique that has been getting a lot of attention lately.
But what exactly is buccal fat removal? And how does it work?
In this blog post, I’ll answer all your questions about buccal fat removal,
How much does buccal fat removal cost?
Simple answer: really depends on where you get it done. In the USA it can cost upwards of $5000 whilst in Lithuania, you would pay around $2000 and in the UK around $3500. Cheaper buccal reduction deals are readily available in Turkey, Mexico, Costa Rica and Thailand. Check through the clinics listed on our site and see what deals they have.
Does buccal fat removal give you cheekbones?
Buccal fat removal is a surgical procedure in which the buccal fat pads, located in the cheeks, are removed to create a slimmer appearance. While buccal fat removal can enhance the contours of the face, it may not necessarily give you prominent cheekbones.
Cheekbones are primarily determined by the underlying bone structure of the face, particularly the zygomatic bones. However, removing the buccal fat pads can help highlight the cheekbones by reducing the volume in the mid-face area, creating a more defined look. The extent to which buccal fat removal will enhance cheekbone prominence may vary depending on individual factors such as facial structure, age, and skin elasticity.
It's important to note that any surgical procedure comes with risks and potential side effects, and buccal fat removal is no exception. Therefore, it's crucial to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon and carefully consider the potential benefits and risks before deciding to undergo this procedure.
Does buccal fat removal change your face shape?
Yes, buccal fat removal can change the shape of your face by reducing the volume in the cheeks. The buccal fat pads are located in the lower part of the cheeks, and their removal can create a slimmer and more contoured appearance in the mid-face area.
However, it's important to note that the extent of the change in your face shape will depend on various factors, such as the amount of fat removed, your individual facial structure, and skin elasticity. In some cases, the change in face shape may be subtle, while in others, it can be more pronounced.
Will buccal fat removal make my face smaller?
Buccal fat removal can make your face appear smaller by reducing the volume in the mid-face area. The buccal fat pads are located in the lower part of the cheeks, and their removal can create a slimmer and more contoured appearance in this area. As a result, your face may appear smaller, especially in the cheek area.
However, it's important to note that the extent of the reduction in facial size will depend on various factors, such as the amount of fat removed, your individual facial structure, and skin elasticity. In some cases, the change in facial size may be subtle, while in others, it can be more noticeable.
Why you should not remove buccal fat
Buccal fat removal is a cosmetic surgical procedure that involves the removal of the buccal fat pads located in the cheeks to create a slimmer appearance. While the procedure can be beneficial for some people, there are also some potential drawbacks to consider. Here are some reasons why you should not remove buccal fat:
- Risk of complications: Like any surgical procedure, buccal fat removal carries the risk of complications such as infection, bleeding, scarring, and nerve damage. The risk of complications may be increased if the procedure is performed by an unqualified or inexperienced practitioner.
- Irreversible change: Once the buccal fat pads are removed, they cannot be replaced. This means that if you are not happy with the results or experience any side effects after the procedure, there is no going back.
- Premature aging: The buccal fat pads provide natural cushioning to the face and can help maintain a youthful appearance. Removing these pads can cause premature aging and hollowing in the cheeks.
- Unsatisfactory results: Buccal fat removal may not necessarily achieve the desired results for everyone. The amount of fat that can be safely removed is limited, and the procedure may not provide significant improvement for those with excess skin or sagging in the mid-face area.
- Emotional impact: While the procedure can boost self-esteem for some, it is important to be realistic about the results and not rely on surgery as a cure-all for deeper emotional issues.
Can buccal fat removal go wrong
Like any surgical procedure, buccal fat removal carries the risk of complications and possible adverse outcomes. While the procedure is generally safe, it's important to be aware of the potential risks before making the decision to undergo surgery. Here are some possible complications that can arise from buccal fat removal:
- Infection: As with any surgery, there is a risk of infection at the incision site, which can cause redness, swelling, pain, and fever.
- Bleeding: Buccal fat removal can cause bleeding, which can lead to complications such as hematoma or excessive blood loss.
- Nerve damage: The nerves in the cheeks can be affected during the procedure, which can lead to numbness, tingling, or facial weakness.
- Asymmetry: If the amount of fat removed from one side is significantly different from the other, it can cause an asymmetrical appearance in the face.
- Unsatisfactory results: The results of the procedure may not be what the patient expected or may not meet their aesthetic goals.
Does buccal fat removal give you a jawline?
Buccal fat removal can help enhance the appearance of the jawline by reducing the volume in the cheeks and creating a slimmer, more contoured mid-face area. By removing the buccal fat pads, the surgeon can create a more defined facial silhouette, which can help highlight the jawline.
However, it's important to note that buccal fat removal alone may not be enough to give you a defined jawline. The jawline is primarily determined by the underlying bone structure of the face, particularly the mandible bone. In some cases, additional procedures such as chin augmentation or jawline contouring may be necessary to achieve the desired results.
What is the best age for buccal fat removal?
The best age for buccal fat removal can vary depending on the individual's goals and facial structure. The procedure is typically recommended for individuals who have excess fat in the mid-face area, resulting in a rounded or chubby appearance. While the procedure can be performed on people of different ages, most plastic surgeons recommend waiting until the patient's face has fully matured, typically around the age of 20-25 years.
It's important to keep in mind that the ideal age for buccal fat removal can vary depending on the individual's facial structure, skin elasticity, and overall health. Patients who are considering buccal fat removal should consult with a qualified plastic surgeon to determine the best age to undergo the procedure
Does buccal fat removal give you dimples?
Buccal fat removal can create the appearance of dimples in some individuals, but it is not a guaranteed outcome. Dimples are typically caused by a small opening in the muscle tissue of the cheek, and the removal of buccal fat pads can accentuate this natural indentation, creating the appearance of dimples. However, not everyone who undergoes buccal fat removal will develop dimples as a result.
It's important to note that the appearance of dimples is largely determined by genetics, and the presence of dimples may not be something that can be achieved through surgery alone.
Can buccal fat grow back?
The buccal fat pads can regenerate to some extent, but it is relatively rare for them to grow back to their original size after they have been removed. The buccal fat pads naturally decrease in size as we age, so in some cases, the remaining fat in the cheek area may be sufficient to maintain a youthful appearance.
However, in some cases, the body may attempt to replace the lost fat, and small pockets of fat may develop in the cheek area. This can happen if the surgery was not performed correctly, or if the patient gains a significant amount of weight after the surgery.
How painful is buccal fat removal?
Buccal fat removal is a cosmetic surgery procedure designed to remove excess fat from the cheeks to create a more contoured appearance. The level of pain experienced during and after the procedure can vary depending on several factors such as the individual's pain threshold, the extent of the surgery, and the surgeon's techniques.
During the procedure, patients are typically placed under anesthesia, so they do not feel any pain. However, it is not uncommon for patients to experience some discomfort or soreness in the cheeks for a few days after the surgery. Pain medications and ice packs can be prescribed by the surgeon to manage any discomfort.
Overall, while some discomfort is to be expected, most patients do not report buccal fat removal as an excessively painful procedure. It's important to follow your surgeon's post-operative care instructions and attend follow-up appointments to ensure a smooth recovery.
How long does the buccal fat removal procedure take?
The buccal fat removal procedure is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of fat pads from the cheeks to create a more defined and contoured facial appearance. The duration of the procedure can vary depending on several factors such as the surgeon's experience, the extent of the surgery, and the patient's unique facial anatomy.
On average, the buccal fat removal procedure takes approximately 30 minutes to an hour to complete. However, it's important to note that this is just an estimate, and the actual duration of the procedure can be longer or shorter depending on the specific case.
Patients should also expect to spend some time in the clinic before and after the procedure for pre-operative consultations and post-operative follow-up appointments. The surgeon will provide detailed instructions on how to prepare for the surgery and what to expect during and after the procedure to ensure a smooth and successful recovery.
How do you sleep after buccal fat removal?
After buccal fat removal, it's important to take care of the surgical site and follow the surgeon's instructions to ensure proper healing. In terms of sleeping, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Sleep with your head elevated: It's recommended to sleep with your head elevated to help reduce swelling and promote healing. You can use an extra pillow or a wedge pillow to elevate your head while sleeping.
- Avoid sleeping on your side: It's best to avoid sleeping on the side where the surgery was performed for the first few days after the procedure. Sleeping on your side can put pressure on the surgical site and cause discomfort.
- Be gentle with your face: It's important to avoid touching or rubbing the surgical site while sleeping, as this can cause irritation and slow down the healing process.
- Follow the surgeon's instructions: Your surgeon will provide specific instructions on how to care for the surgical site after the procedure, including sleeping positions. It's important to follow these instructions closely to ensure a smooth and successful recovery.
Overall, it's essential to be gentle with your face and take care of the surgical site while sleeping to ensure proper healing after buccal fat removal.
Does buccal fat removal change the smile?
Buccal fat removal is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of fat from the cheeks to create a more defined and contoured facial appearance. The procedure can change the appearance of the cheeks and jawline, but it should not significantly affect a patient's smile.
The buccal fat pads are located deep in the cheeks, and their removal should not impact the muscles or structures that are responsible for the movement of the mouth or lips. Therefore, most patients do not experience any changes in their smile or ability to speak after the procedure.
Which celebrities have had buccal fat removal?
We can only speculate and report what is rumoured in the media but Lea Michele, Amelia Hamlin, and Sophie Turner's faces are looking more chiselled now, fueling speculations that they’ve undergone buccal fat removal. A browse around celeb sites on Google suggests that these stars have had their cheeks fixed:
- Chrissy Teigen
- Jennifer Lawrence
- Kim Kardashian
- Emma Stone
- Angelina Jolie
What we do know is that buccal fat removal is really trending recently and seeks to be up there with the BBL for our Instagram stars.
However, it's important to note that every patient is unique, and the effects of the procedure can vary depending on their individual facial anatomy and the extent of the surgery. It's essential to discuss any concerns or questions about the potential effects of the surgery on facial movements with a qualified and experienced surgeon before the procedure.
Admin is Blogger David Miller FRSA. M.Sc A respected British journalist based in Helsinki Finland. David's portfolio is at http://livewire.pressfolios.com/ David is contactable via the site or at email@example.com