When plastic surgical procedures first emerged in the medical field, they were used to perform reconstructive surgery, or repair damaged or missing tissue and skin.
These days plastic surgery has soared in popularity thanks to the favourably aesthetic refinements achieved- post-surgery. Social media and popular culture have also influenced more and more people to use cosmetic enhancement to feel better about themselves. Add these benefits to a more affordable and accessible treatment- plastic surgery is quickly becoming a procedure to be proud of having.
Why Do We Need Makeovers
Women are especially prone to enquire about cosmetically enhancing treatments, mainly due to perceived physical inadequacies, bullying due to appearance or media, and social pressure.
Your body has been through a tremendous experience during pregnancy and giving birth. Your body has been altered, and it's completely fine to want your pre-pregnancy body back at its peak physical performance and features.
If you're tired of returning clothes that you feel uncomfortable in back to the store; if exercise just isn’t working for you or doesn’t help remove the flabby skin; or you're focused on the flaws that weren’t there before, then it's likely- once you’ve considered all other options, that the ‘mommy makeover’ is for you.
Women worldwide are now using these procedures to take back control over the way their appearance defines them. Specifically, being transparent and honest about why they have this type of surgery; for themselves to gain more joy in life, greater self-esteem, and higher feelings of self-satisfaction.
What Is the ‘Mommy Makeover’?
The desire for procedures that address common physical issues women face, especially after pregnancy or breastfeeding, is in high demand.
The popularity of the ‘mommy makeover’ has increased over the years due to its specialized design catering to moms who seek an all-over body contouring procedure. It is also a viable option for many women who haven’t experienced childbirth intending to rejuvenate and restore areas of the body due to aging, weight loss, or for the confidence benefits of the procedure.
The surgical approach itself involves cosmetically improving more than one area at a time, usually breast augmentation or enhancement and abdomen contouring (tummy tuck). The choice of additional procedures can be considered if necessary.
What Procedures are Involved?
Every procedure will be personalized and based on individual needs.
- Breast enhancement with a breast lift or implants: if your breasts have changed since breastfeeding, this procedure can restore or reshape your breasts by uplifting, increasing, or decreasing breast size.
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty): this body contouring procedure is designed to re-establish your pre-pregnancy body or remove excess skin, restore weakened abdominal muscles, and narrow the waistline.
- Liposuction: this body contouring procedure is used to remove excess fat from various parts of the body. It can help slim and reshape the abdomen, face, arms, or thighs, to name a few.
- Labiaplasty and/or vaginoplasty: Many women choose this feminine rejuvenation procedure because of the effects childbirth has on the size or appearance of the labia. Vaginal muscles can become weak or loose after childbirth, so women select this procedure to reconstruct or repair the vaginal walls and opening.
Where Can You Have the ‘Mommy Makeover’ Procedure?
When considering this cosmetic procedure, it is essential to ensure that a trusted and experienced professional carries out the surgery to achieve the best post-operative results, and is performed in an establishment with a guaranteed safe and medically graded environment.
The ‘mommy makeover’ is perfect for those who seek to refine and improve their post-pregnancy body. As with any surgical procedure, it is necessary to research extensively into the available options to make the best-informed decision for you. A seasoned Houston plastic surgeon stresses the value of transparency to ensure that you always feel at ease about any procedure you might be thinking about getting. A good surgeon is always dedicated to providing reputable and experienced information about the ‘mommy makeover’ procedure.
Things to Consider
There are risks involved in all surgical procedures. Depending on your procedure, in-patient or out-patient, you will need to consider all pre- and post-operative conditions.
- Assistance will be needed at home after surgery
- Recovery time can take between 1-2 weeks, depending on the procedure(s)
- Consider lifestyle and general health
- Ensure you consider the event of future pregnancies as they will negate the benefits of the procedure(s)
Unbridled joys, tumultuous challenges, and life-altering experiences come after childbirth. You’ve spent years dedicating your life to keeping your children safe; now is the time to think about yourself!
You might not have considered cosmetic surgery before, but expert surgeons can offer women the chance to enhance their lives due to emerging procedures.
Be prepared for a serious boost in confidence!
Admin is Blogger David Miller FRSA. M.Sc A respected British journalist based in Helsinki Finland. David's portfolio is at http://livewire.pressfolios.com/ David is contactable via the site or at firstname.lastname@example.org